Quality and affordable health care for Richmond residents is available today. Across Richmond, events are taking place to help individuals and families get enrolled in Covered California and Medi-Cal. Starting now through March, this weekly events announcement will provide information on these upcoming events. Please note that the deadline for initial enrollment period of Covered California is March 31st, 2014. The annual open enrollment period will take place from October 15 to December 7 each year, beginning in 2014. All enrollment selections made during that period will take effect on the January 1 of the following year. Please note that there is on-going enrollment for Medi-Cal.
Click here to view the events on the Healthy Richmond calendar.
Please contact email@example.com if you have information about upcoming enrollment events that you would like to submit to this weekly calendar.
Here is a list of upcoming enrollment events. For more details on the events, click here to download a word document with full descriptions.
- January 23 – Covered California Forum – Crescent Park, 5004 Hartnett, Richmond – 12 to 2PM
- January 28 – Let’s Get Covered – Bay Area Rescue Mission, 123 Macdonald Avenue, Richmond – 11AM to 3PM
- February 8 – Health Enrollment Event – Nevin Center, Richmond – Time TBD
- February 12 – Health Enrollment Event – Barrett Terrace & Barrett Plaza, 700 Barrett Avenue, Richmond – Time TBD
- February 13 – Health Enrollment Event – Community Heritage Senior Apartments, 1555 Fred Jackson Way, Richmond – Time TBD
- February 22 – Let’s Get Covered – City of Richmond – City Council Chambers – Civic Center Campus, 440 Civic Center Plaza, Richmond – 10 to 1PM
- January 25 – March 24 – Contra Costa County Events – Enrollment Assistance at Contra Costa County Libraries – See full list of dates and details below
- Ongoing – Medi-CAL Enrollment – Health Access Centers – 1305 MacDonald & other site addresses listed below
If you need help with enrollment, please call the Health Access Center in Richmond at 800-709-8348 and select option 2.
The Health Richmond Access to Quality Healthcare Action Team is pleased to collect and distribute information around upcoming health enrollment events in Richmond. This is one way that the collective group is taking action to make its vision a reality. That vision is to ensure that those who are eligible for Covered California or Medi-Cal are enrolled and that those who will remain uninsured will be connected to a health home. The Action Team is part of the Healthy Richmond initiative.which is working to make Richmond a place where children are healthy, safe and ready to learn. The Healthy Richmond initiative is part of The California Endowment’s 10-year, statewide initiative, Building Healthy Communities. Richmond/North Richmond is one of the 14 communities involved in this initiative, and Healthy Richmond is the name of the local effort. To learn more about the Action Team and their efforts in addition to the overall Healthy Richmond initiative, please visit healthyrichmond.net.