ECONOMIC ACTION TEAM
Health & Racial Equity Outcome
Adults facing barriers to employment in Richmond have additional career pathways and improve the quality of life for other residents through urban planning.The 3 areas of work – building a health career pathway specifically for youth facing structural barriers , changing the narrative about Richmond and its community’s potential, and resident-led power building strategies to build lasting equity into city and county policies connected to future housing development & increasing jobs that provide livable wages. The team strikes a unique balance between the concrete tasks of solving economic problems within Richmond, while also stretching to think about how the arts, story telling, and uplifting community culture change the narrative of our community.
The Economic Revitalization Action Team launched in June of 2014 with over 20 partners at the table.
The Team decided to focus on three priority changes outlined in the community-developed Healthy Richmond logic model which include:
- Residents build their capacity and financial stability, and take advantage of employment and other economic opportunities;
- Richmond creates an employment and business environment that brings growth and economic vitality to the region;
- Residents have coordinated, integrated programs that build family economic stability, employment potential and innovative economic alternatives.
Our Economic Justice Action Team collective create and strategize campaigns that create the following Health and Racial Equity Outcomes:
- Equitable Policies & Resources – Provide input on City Policies related to workforce development and affordable housing.
- Equitable Systems & Services – Establishment of career pathways for 2020 for Richmond residents (and particularly disadvantaged populations in the following fields:
- Health professions – West Contra County Health Partnership (WCCHP)
Here’s some of our current partners!